Homework is an important part of your child's education and development. Whether the work is done at school or at home student have to practice what is taught. Completing homework in a timely manner teaches students how to meet deadlines and be responsible. Below are some helpful homework guidelines:
- Stress to your child that homework is important!
- Set a regular time each day to do homework. It helps to work it into our busy schedules.
- Have all paper, pencils and books ready before you start.
- Check your child's assignment notebook. This is another way for you to know what is going on in the classroom.
- Study in a quiet place or with low music.
- Be available to answer questions for your child but remember you have already passed that grade. Let your child come up with the answers.
- Look over the homework after your child has finished to make sure theyhave filled in all answers.
- Even if there is not an assignment there is always something to do. Youyour child could read a book together. You could research together on the internet a topic being covered in Science or Social Studies.