Regular Attendance Schedule
Full Day Attendance - 8:50 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Early Dismissal - 8:50 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Half Day - 8:50 a.m. - 12:40 a.m. (Lunch is served)
Heat Schedule - 8:50 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
Students are considered tardy if they arrive after 8:50 a.m. If your child arrives late, he or she must report to Mrs. Sarver in the office.
A student leaving school early, or leaving for part of the day, needs to bring a note to his/her teacher immediately upon arriving to class in the morning. All notes will then be sent down to Mrs. Sarver in the office.
The Safety of Glendale students is a MUST!
Thank You for Your Cooperation!
Severe Weather Contitions:
When cold weather is upon us, it is time to remind parents of the procedures that are used when we face weather
dilemmas. The following are general guidelines that are used to determine if school is to be cancelled:
- The local law enforcement officials and weather bureau are contacted by 5 a.m. in an effort to assess weather and highway conditions. The Superintendents of the High School, Robein, and Creve Coeur will also be consulted. First Student is contacted before 6 a.m. to determine if busses are prepared and able to safely transport students.
- An effort is made to predict the weather conditionsthat students will face between 7:00 a.m. and 8:30a.m. Wind chill factor is also considered as onevariable.
- Our transportation source is then notified, and local radio stations are notified in order to have information available to you before 6:30 a.m. It is important to listento your radio and television stations because notification will be made before 6:30 a.m. to the stations.
Following is a listing of the radio and televisionstations we contact:
WHOI –TV Lite Rock 107 FM WMBD – 1470 AM
WMBD –TV WPBG - 93.3 FM WIRL – 1290 AM
WEEK - TV WPEO – 1020 AM MAX FM – 102.3FM
WOLF 104.9 FM WCIC – 91.5 FM
*PLEASE DO NOTCALL YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN'S SCHOOL OFFICE TO FIND OUT IF SCHOOL WILL BE
CANCELLED. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY ONE CALL NOW. PLEASE BE AWARE THESE PHONE CALLS
MAY BEGIN AT 5:45 AM. ALSO THE INFORMATION WILL ALWAYS BE ANNOUNCED BY RADIO AND
TELEVISION IN SUFFICIENT TIME.
We will post the announcement on our website ASAP.
- If school is held and weather conditions worsen during the day, an early dismissal decision must be made as early as possible because of our contract bus situation. Early dismissal notification will be aired by 11:00 a.m. if those occasionsarise. However, because of working parents, and babysitting problems, it may be a wiser decision to notdismiss earlyand adhere to the daily schedule once school is in session. We would recommend listening to one of the above radiostations on days when this possibility exists.
- If other types of severe weather occur, (tornado conditions, etc.) students will be held at school insafe areas until an allclearsignal has been received or until a parent choosesto pick up the child. The school will take all necessary safetyprecautions if such weather conditions present themselves.
- If you feel that weather conditions are so severe as to present a danger to your child, we recommend that you keep yourchild at home, or if necessary, go to your child's school and pick him/her up early. This type of absence will beconsidered excused. This type of situation normallyoccurs when wind chill factors are being considered or when wintryconditions crop up during the day when students arealready in school.